Years ago Baker came out with the 6-into-4 for Shovelheads. Sales of these transmissions have been a complete shocker and the message is loud and clear: People love their Shovelheads and they ride the piss out of them. The 6-into-4 transmission is a direct replacement for the 1970-Early 1984 4-speed. This year we have mainshaft options that allow fitment into Sturgis model Shovels that require a longer mainshaft and shorter ones for Pan and Knuckle. Available with or without the time-honored 1936-84 style kicker. In a 4-speed, 4th gear is 1:1. Our Shovelhead 6-speed overdrive has a 1:1 5th gear and a .86 6th; good for a 500 RPM reduction in cruising RPM on the highway.
- Strong & Smooth BAKER Klassic Kicker Gears - Standard with Kicker Door
- Polished BAKER Brass Pedal and BAKER Kicker Arm
- OD6 Technology with Many Optional Gear Ratios and Shifting Patterns Available
- Available with 33-Tooth Pulley
- 1936 to Early-1986 Applications Only
* Shovelheads '82-'84 and '85,'86 FXWG use the pulley system belt drive; if you have a belt drive make sure to choose the pulley and not the sprocket option.
* The stock kick arm cover will interfer with your starter if you are running both electric and kick start. If you are running both electric and kick start then please choose the Ball & Ramp cover option)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.